Thursday 26 July 2012

Boris


This post will be a bit of an anomaly, because for once, I’m not going to moan. Instead I am going to praise my subject matter: Boris Johnson. No, I have not lost my mind, and I am definitely not a Tory. As a politician Boris is a failure and an idiot. But as a public figure he is fucking hilarious.

I could focus on Boris’ complete ineptitude as a mayor and my shock at how London could repeatedly vote for him. However, that would probably be quite dull and letting me talk about politics is generally a bad idea; I’m opinionated and not very well informed, much like the Daily Mail – ooh, satire! (Sorry, I’ve been watching Miranda). No, this blog post will celebrate the many side-splitting incidents involving Boris.

1) Beijing Handover Party 2008 (the Wiff-Waff speech): Boris celebrated the handover of the Olympics by discussing the origins of ping-pong. I cannot describe the ingenious of the speech so I’ll let you see it yourself.

2) Super Boris: Boris saves a woman from being mugged by calling her attackers “oiks”. Only Boris…

3) Football: Boris momentarily forgets what sport he’s playing. Maybe they don’t play football at Eton.

These are only the highlights of Boris’ hilarity, he has made countless gaffs and is generally mental. I can’t help but wonder if he’s not secretly just parodying the party he belongs to. But, genuine or not, Boris is a delight to have in the news.

I’ll leave you with one final gift: Boris’ full name is Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson. You’re welcome.

1 comment: